Monday, March 25, 2013

Great Card From A Friend :)


My sweet friend Heather sent this card to me and I just love it so so so much :) It made me so nostalgic to see it. Remember mix tapes? I do! God, I used to make SO many mix tapes. It was the ULTIMATE gift to give and get to friends and lovers back in the day. To pick the perfect songs for that perfect person. Or to make a themed tape. I remember my very favorite mix tape was one that I made to write poetry too :p Of course it was very angsty...I was 16 and it had lots of Tori Amos and The Cure and My Bloody Valentine and Led Zeppelin on it. I loved that tape. I lost all of my mixed tapes in Hurricane Katrina and it made me so sad :( Not that I even have anything to play them on anymore but still...And then there were the tapes of songs recorded off of the radio...remember making those? When you sat by the radio just WAITING for the channel to play the songs you wanted and hitting record in time to get the song and then stopping it just in time so that it was perfect? :p As Heather says in her card, this new generation doesn't even know what a tape is :/ Sad, lol. Heather says she wonders how long it will be before CDs are extinct...Honestly, I'm not all that bothered about CDs going away, though I will miss the fact that I can't make mix CDs for people when that happens. I still like making mixes for friends. It's one of my favorite things to do! But these days, my favorite way to listen to music is either on vinyl or MP3s. Thanks Heather for the awesome postcard :) 

 

1 comment:

  1. That card is soooo awesome! I love that you still love to make CD mixes, because the ones you and Ana have made for me are literally among my most cherished possessions!

    LOL--and I haven't thought about recording songs off the radio in ages...but yeah, I spent many an afternoon after school just waiting to get my favorite songs on tape from the radio. :P

    ReplyDelete