Thursday, January 24, 2013

Card From France

So this one TECHNICALLY isn't a postcard, but I'm about ready to call it the coolest thing I'll EVER receive from Postcrossing :D It comes from Dorine in Brittany and it's her first ever Postcrossing card :D I feel so lucky. In addition to that, this card is full of awesomeness. First of all, I loved the stamps right away. I have the same Miles Davis stamps in the US edition and they come with Edith Piaf stamps too which I thought was cool seeing as Miles Davis is from here in New Orleans and Edith Piam is from France :)

Then there's the card. We share the same music tastes down to some of the same favorite songs!! One of her favorite songs is The Middle East's "Blood" which is pretty obscure and is one of my favs too. She gave me some recommendations for some great French songs which I'll look up as well :) THEN she put the postcard ID inside of that neat little pink box in the corner AND included a little silver key for me because she saw my postcard box here on the blog with the keys on it!! Isn't that sweet?? AND the piece of pink paper underneath rolls out to give the link of a youtube video which she thinks I'll like that I haven't watched yet. Off to see that soon. SUCH an awesome card :D

1 comment: